Power of Prayer and Positive Thought

O never star
Was lost; here
We all aspire to heaven and there is heaven
Above us.
If I stoop
Into a dark tremendous sea of cloud
It is but for a time; I press God's lamp
Close to my breast; its splendor soon or late
Will pierce the gloom. I shall emerge some day.
-- Robert Browning

I am a huge believer in the power of prayer and positive thought energies. It is my hope to use this blog to encourage more prayer, more positive thought, more hopeful energy.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Heather

Heather is the wife of a favorite director of mine. She is a very young mother. She was rushed to the hospital last night after going into seizures and falling into a coma. Her new baby son was taken 6 weeks early by C-section and she underwent emergency surgery to remove the tumor. Her prognosis is uncertain.

I pray for her comfort and for healing. I pray that her young husband, little daughter and baby son will feel her love and find strength in it. I pray that her new little boy will grow up strong and healthy and know his mother's love.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Leisl said…

    As of last night, Heather is awake & is responding to commands like "wiggle your toes" and "squeeze my hand."

    I pray for her continued recovery.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Leisl said…

    Baby JuJu is not doing as well as hoped. Praying extra hard for him.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Leisl said…

    Email from Bradford:

    "Just thought I would post an update on Heather and my new son.
    His name is Tayland Reed Bradford Garrison. He was 4lb.15oz. and about 7weeks early. Right now he is doing great, breathing on his own and all. The details on his arrival are probably quite distorted by now, so allow me to clear up some things.

    On Sunday Heather went into a coma and started having seizures or however the hell you spell it. She was admitted to the ER and we soon discovered she was suffering from a brain tumor. It was grave and they needed to get her up to LDS Hospital to work on it. It was, they deemed, fatal, however, and they decided she probably would not make the transport up there. So as to not compromise two lives, they took the baby out before sending her to salt lake. It was messed up. They had us each go in and say last words and they were even trying to discuss donor info with me, wich I quickly had them shove up thier ass. I was clearly and carefully prepared to be a single parent by the end of the evening of one, maybe two.

    They took it out that night, the size of a fist. We had no idea what to expect, but were prepared for the worst. By several quick miracles over a period of days Heather has stablized, began to talk eat and even walk around. She is in rehab and is quite herself. You know, the sarcasm and cinicism is back, along with the sweet selflessness that she is always impressing me with. "You were so worried?" and "Tell the doctor poop on that!".
    Her short term memory is shot, we are hoping that is temporary. It does show improvement, but she keeps thinking she is in cedar city at a mexican restraunt. Go figure.

    So today I was looking over numbers and chances of her living longer than a year are slim. Those of you who know the difference, it is level 4 Malignant Geoblacoma or something like that. Not Good. We will be doing radiation and "KEEMO" ( I spell good) the whole thing. But that was kinda the deal I made on sunday, when I thought she wouldnt last the night, so I guess i am gratefull.
    TT is good. I am fine. Tayland is GREAT. And heather is "50 First Dates". We are spending a lot of time together and loving every second of it. You do the same! I am increadibly gratefull for all the prayers and positive thinking that has gotten us so far so quickly. Please cut and paste this to pass on my thanks to anyone you know who has been worried. I love you all. So much.
    Bradford."

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Leisl said…

    Heather is home now and preparing to start chemo/radiation treatments. Baby JuJu will be in the hospital for a little while longer ... he needs to get bigger.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home